Instructions for Use
Best results will be obtained by following these directions.
1. Thoroughly prepare the disk space by removal of all disk material.
2. Measure disk material removed to calculate the amount of graft material to prepare. (See chart)
3. Distract the disk space with wedge dilators per the cage manufacturers protocol.
NB: A minimum of 8mm of distraction is necessary to safely use the device.
4. Try a sample of the graft material with the delivery device to ensure flowability.
The device has been tested with ground local bone graft / iliac crest, Medtronic biologics, DePuy biologics,
OrthoFix biologics, Actafuse and ISTO biologics.
5. Insert the plunger / stylet into the empty cannula and insert the complex into the disk space.
6. Attach the funnel and apply the graft material with thumb and finger pressure into the cannula. Push the
plunger all the way down to expel the graft material. Apply 1-2 ml of graft with each pass of the plunger.
7. You will feel resistance of flow when the disk space has filled up.
8. Remove the funnel and directly observe the area around the annulotomy / cannula interface to confirm
that graft material has not overflowed.
9. Remove cannula and insert cage per the manufacturer recommendations.
10. Discard after single patient use.
Spinal Surgical Strategies,
LLC | all rights reserved ©2013